Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Daniel Chapter 5

The Writing on the wall.

What does God teach us when we go against his will?

Do you ever wonder if God punishes us for our sins?

Read Chapter 5 of Daniel and see what the consequences were for King Belshazzar when he mockingly used the goblets from the temple.

He more than likely knew their significance. Belshazzar was showing off for his friends.

I am convinced that God isn't out to punish us. I am equally convinced when we sin against Him we have to live with the consequences.

Am I so far removed from what Belshazzar did?

Do I mock God by the lifestyle I live? By the way I act when I am around certain people? By the clothes I wear? By the T.V. shows or movies I watch? By my actions when I get behind the wheel of the car? By the way I treat people when I am in a bad mood vs. the way I treat them when I am in a good mood? Etc., etc., etc.

We can all fall victim of mockery to a certain existent. It is easy to look at a story like Belshazzar and shake our fingers at how he mocked God. But when we think of our own lives are we so far beyond doing what Belshazzar did?

How do we treat the Sabbath?

See you Sunday!

In Him......

Laurie

No comments: