Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Genesis 6 - God is Truth

We kick off September with our new curriculum. I am so excited to share it with everyone! Especially the kids.

The Truths of God!

September for Nursery/Preschool is God is Truth told through the story of Noah.

Genesis Chapter 6 is our introduction to Noah. We will teach the lesson about God speaking to Noah.

God is very disappointed with His people. They are bad! The Bible says;
(vs. 5) Now the Lord observed the extent of the people's wickedness, and he saw that all their thoughts were consistently and totally evil. So the Lord was sorry he had ever made them. It broke his heart.

How could we break God's heart?

One man. Noah, stood out among all the others. Noah was a righteous man, the only blameless man living on earth at the time.

Okay! Have you ever thought or heard this? (Be honest.) "People will think I am weird if I show outwardly that I am a Christian." Look at Noah! Do you think he cared? The ONLY blameless man living on earth. Probably the only man God talked to.

What is our beef about; praying in public, telling folks you will pray for their family, inviting people to church, sharing our faith with others?

Noah was alone!!!

God was angry with good reason. So God destroyed the entire human race except for Noah and his family.

What happened? Why did they stray so far away?

I wonder if God feels that way about our world today. So much wickedness and evil in our world. Is he sad? Who is Noah today? You? Me?

Is God happy with me? Or am I making him sad.

Am I pleasing God today? Or am I following the wicked world?

Am I consistently following God's will (his truths) and enjoying a close relationship with Him (vs. 9)?

My job is to do God's will. Everything else will come if I follow God's truths!

I do not want to be the one that makes God sad. I want to be like Noah and find favor in God's eyes.

AMEM!!!

In Him.....

Laurie

No comments: