Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Courage - Numbers 13: 16-33

A new summer month is upon us and we are teaching the children throughout the month of June about courage!

They will follow the life of Joshua. Joshua was Moses successor as leader of Israel.

Joshua is introduced to us in Numbers Chapter 13. The story of the 12 'spies' God (through Moses) sent to 'check-out' the land.

Read Chapter 13 of Numbers this week. I promise it is great. God doesn't pull any punches. God gets angry.

Sometimes I tend to stay in the New Testament so I can get my Jesus fix. But sometimes I need to know more of God's character and I find myself digging into the Old Testament! It is good for your growth. I promise you.

After reading this chapter I remind myself of those times I am faced with tough choices that are not 'for sures'. You know what I am talking about! Should I marry this person (what if it doesn't work out)? Should I take this new job (what if I end up hating it)? Should I move to this city (what if it snows)? Should we have children (what if I never have a restful night sleep)? Etc.

Eventually you take a leap of faith and make a decision. Or maybe you don't.

When you don't is it because you are afraid? Or is it because you are not trusting God with this major decision?

When you talk to your kids about courage you probably remind them that you are always there by their side. You probably tell them you would never let them do anything that would harm them.

God gives us that same encouragement. God does not promise the road will be easy. He does promise if we chose a road with courage He will lead us. God will always be at our side. God will never abandon us.

It takes courage! It takes faith!

I pray your choices are reflective of your faith that God gives you courage.

Have an awesome week!

In Him......

Laurie

No comments: