Thursday, May 14, 2009

Samson and Delilah - Judges 16

Samson toys with the one he loves (Delilah). Delilah wants to know where he gets his strength. She is not necessarily wanting to know for good reasons. Delilah is selling her knowledge to the highest bidder.

Samson teases her time and time and time again. Finally he tells her his secret. Samson reveals his true identity. Like a super hero.

Here's the catch. Samson was flirting with Delilah. He probably thought it was pretty harmless. Don't we all fall victim to temptation? Through this flirtatious behavior he disobeys God. From birth Samson has been told, by God, to never cut his hair. Samson knows the promise. Samson does it anyway because he is distracted by his love for Delilah.

Samson strength is temporarily taken away because of his disobedience to God. Did God abandon Samson? Or did Samson's choices separate him from God?

When I am disobedient to God does he abandon me?

No, God never abandons me. God let's me live with the choices I make. I separate myself from Him by sinning. I make the choices.

God is still there. I still have the gifts he gave me. Through sin I separate myself from him and deny myself and everyone around me the benefits of the gifts He gave me.

Wow!

So go with this thought! Honor God by being obedient to Him. Don't deny others the gifts God gave you. Exercise your gifts to honor He who made you!

Have an awesome day!

See you Sunday!

In Him.......

Laurie

No comments: