Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The truth will set you free.

This month in LHC Kids we are talking about Honesty/Truth. We are tying it all together by teaching about the prophets.

I want to talk about our memory verse.

Every month we teach a scripture to the children. This month is:

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:32

Read this scripture and go beyond verse 32.

I read beyond and I got frustrated. What does it take to convince people who Jesus is?

I get like that with people I know that do not believe. Then of course, I need to eat some humble pie.

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

How many times have I known the truth and hung on to it? Like I know better than God? Like I can fix it better than God? How many times do I feel like I need to keep the control? Even though I know if I let God take hold of it He will set me free.

Sometimes humble pie brings God's word to a point that stings a bit. But it helps me grow!

Thank you all for hearing my crazy in sites into God's word.

I hope you enjoy your walk this week.

See you Sunday!

In Him........

Laurie

No comments: