Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Many ways to serve

I am always amazed at the hearts of the teachers and leaders in LHC Kids Children's Ministry. Every weekend God reveals to me a new direction, a new friend, a new battle or a new joy.

I know God loves that we do what we do. I know God loves that we love His children.

From making snacks for the people who teach our children, to a teacher in the infant room, to Large Group Leaders teaching 80+ preschoolers a Bible lesson, to smiling faces greeting our families at the door, to our Security Guard keeping our hallway safe.



It doesn't matter what the job is. I doesn't matter how many hours you are here. What matters is that you answer God's call to serve. Wow, that was a revelation to me. I am the queen of fill my plate until it bubbles over with stress on me and on my family! When that happens it is all about me and not God's call.



I can honestly say I can respect when someone tells me "No!". I may wine about it for a moment (or two), but I get over it. It is not about me. I have to tell myself, "Who am I to feel like I know what God wants in someones life?" God always has His people waiting in the wings, ready to serve.

God has grown me in the 11 months as Director. I appreciate Him more and I appreciate our serving team more. I have to thank each one who serves and every parent who brings their children to church on Sunday. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

Laurie Byington
Early Childhood Director

No comments: