Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Genesis 12:1-9 April 16 LHC Kids

Genesis 12:1-9 the beginning of Abrams journey. It is all about Faith.

We are teaching Faith every week in April to our children at LHC Kids.

Open your Bible to chapter 12 (read a little of 11 to get the genealogy), read about the faith Abram had.

It sounds so simple because you think....well they were probably nomadic people in those days. They were probably use to going hither and yon.

Well.....not really! The Bible says that Abrams father ( Terah) settled in this land and he lived 205 years. By the accounts of the family tree I gather they were a pretty tight family.

Leaving Haran for Abram was not an easy task or one Abram was really excited about. Think of the FAITH.......

In those days what did they really know about were they were going? For us when we move to a new city we know the classification of the schools, the demographics of the area, how close the grocery store is, weather or not it snows in January, the average temp in July, do people were white before Easter (just checking to see if you are alert).

In other words lets not overlook the sacrifice Abram made to follow God's plan.

Faith - the persuasion of the mind that certain statements are true.

So Abram had to convince himself what God was telling him was true and he needed to carry on what God told him.

In my life when God tells me to do something. Especially something hard, something I don't necessarily feel comfortable doing or feel a great sense of excitement about giving up, I wrestle with it. I try to find reason's God doesn't want me to do it before I come to the conclusion God isn't going to let this go.

Sometimes these are big things but sometimes they are little things.

Abram left his hometown to settle in another very unfamiliar place. God promised Abram some great things. Make him a new nation, bless him, make him famous, make him and all who bless him blessed, all people who he blesses will be blessed.

Wow! Does God give me those audible promises? Maybe not. But God does give me his word and through His word He promises me the same things He promised Abram.

God tells me that if I have faith in Him. If I follow His lead He will bless me in more ways than I can imagine. It may be hard but the end result is clear. He will bless me!

Have a great remaining week. I pray you have faith in Gods plan and you are filled with blessings beyond measure for being His obedient child!

No comments: